Click on the appropriate tab below to see the Renewal Requirements, Process, Fees and Continuing Education (CE) for an Audiologist.
Current licenses expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on December 31, 2017.
To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
If you are reactivating your license, please refer to the Laws & Rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
At least 90 days before your license expires, the department will mail you a renewal notification postcard to your last known mailing address of record. You will have until midnight on the day your license expires to renew. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to become active or inactive before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
|You may RENEW ONLINE if:|
- You do not need to change the status of your license.
- You have a credit card/debit card to complete the transaction.
- Your license status is not ‘Military, Active’.
- If you are renewing your license after the expiration date and your status still indicates ’Clear/Active’ or ‘Clear/Inactive’ , you will be assessed a delinquency fee. The delinquency fee will be in addition to your renewal fees.
- If your license was ‘Delinquent, Active’ or ‘Delinquent, Inactive’ before the renewal deadline, it will be moved to ‘Null and Void’ status after the renewal deadline and you should contact your board office for further instruction.
|Instructions for Renewing Online:|
- Click the “Renew Online” button above.
- Enter your user name and password
- Please note your user ID and password were mailed with your physical license.
- If you are having trouble accessing your account, please try the alternate login process, located at the bottom of the login screen.
- If you require further assistance, please contact the MQA Communication Center at 850-488-0595.
- Click “Renew License” from the column on the left hand side of the page.
After logging in to the renewal system, licensees will be prompted to answer a series of questions and required to provide certain information, if appropriate. The renewal process typically takes 10-15 minutes and licensees pay their renewal fee by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover when they are done.
|You may RENEW BY MAIL if:|
- You need to change the status of your license.
- You need to pay using a cashier’s check or money order.
- You do NOT have a credit card/debit card to complete the transaction.
- You need to request a name change
- Your license is in ‘Military, Active’ status.
|To Print Your Renewal Notice:|
- Click the “Renew Online” button above.
- Enter your user name and password
- Please note your user ID and password will be mailed with your renewal notification.
- If you do not know your user ID and password, select “Get Login Help?”
- Once you are properly logged in, you may print your renewal notice by selecting the Renew License link, then click on the Renew by Mail option.
Information for requesting a Name Change
Name changes require legal documentation showing the name change. Please submit a request including your full name as it appears on your license, profession, license number, your new name, your date of birth, the last four digits of your social security number, and your signature. Attach supporting documents, which must be one of the following:
- a copy of a state issued marriage license that includes the original signature and seal from the clerk of the court
- a divorce decree showing the name change
- a court order showing the name change (Adoption, legal name change, federal identity change)
Any one of these will be accepted unless the department has a question about the authenticity of the document. A social security card is not considered legal documentation.
Please Note: The last four digits of the SSN are requested as required by DOH Policy Number DOHP 385-LS05-12 Name Changes for Existing Licensees, which was established for security purposes due to past instances of fraudulent activity.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health.
If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active*||$80.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$80.00|
|Active to Inactive||$80.00|
|Inactive to Active||$180.00|
|Active to Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$205.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$205.00|
|Active to Inactive||$255.00|
|Inactive to Active||$355.00|
|Active to Retired||$230.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$230.00|
If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$310.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$310.00|
|Active to Inactive||$310.00|
|Inactive to Active||$410.00|
|Active to Retired||$285.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$285.00|
Licenses become Null & Void1 on January 1, 2018.
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
|Required Subject Area||Required Number of Hours||Important Information|
|General Hours – Clincally Related||18|
|General Hours – Non-Clinical||10||All 28 hours of general can be clinically related if you choose|
|Medical Error||2||Must be Board of Speech/Audiology approved course(s)|
First Time Renewal: Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists renewing a license for the first time and were initially licensed after July 1, 2015 you are exempt from CE requirements.
Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists renewing a license for the first time and were initially licensed between January 1, 2015 and June 30, 2015 are required to complete 18 clinically related hours and a 2 hour course relating to the prevention of medical errors.
Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists renewing a license for the first time and were initially licensed between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014 are required to complete 30 credit hours, 18 of which shall be clinically related, 10 non clinical hours and a 2 hour course relating to the prevention of medical errors.
Board Rule Approved Providers
- Board approved courses listed in CEBroker
- Any course approved by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Any course approved by the American Academy of Audiology
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Medical Education per Biennium
- 2 hours for attendance at a Board meeting
- A maximum of 5 hours per biennium for being a presenter or moderator of approved continuing education hours
- A maximum of 5 hours per biennium may be earned as an instructor of a graduate level course
- A maximum of 2 hours per biennium may be earned in a non-paid directed clinical experience
- Clinically related graduate level university courses from an institution as described in 64B20.2.002(1), F.A.C. at the rate of 15 continuing education hours per semester hour of course work
- “Clinically Related” is defined as providing the licensee with information, techniques procedures, or protocols that can be applied in the direct assessment, treatment, diagnosis or counseling of patients
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View
Florida Administrative Code